digital collage by dianna
Sagittarius is the Ninth Sign of the Zodiac. This is why it's the big adventurer & seeker of spiritual guidance. It is the Autumnal burn pile that reduces the last bit of the dying vegetation to ash so it can be useful again. Notice how whiteness has made us focus on the freedom-seeking & adventuring parts of this Sign over the deeply spiritual & intellectually devoted energy of Sagittarius. Yes, it can be spontaneous, flighty, & tactless but that is BECAUSE it's curious & restless not because it's a jerk. As you study Sagittarius make sure you don't allow the stream of noncommital keywords to distract you from its open, fun loving nature. We must allow the Sag part of us (and others) to be able to express both sides of its nature to be whole. The wild horse that keeps running thru the gates hasn't done their ShadowWeRK. A horse that understands the value of freedom in relationships knows when to return to calm & when keep running is a balanced Sagittarius.
Sagittarius Keywords: Jovial, Curious, Adventuring, Philosophy, Escape Artist, Free.
Sagittarius Archetypes: The Archer, Truth Seeker, Teacher, Archeologist, Philosopher
Sagittarius Shadows are often described as; non-committal, tactless, blaming, impulsive, contradictory, possessing delusions of grandeur, exaggeration, liar, verbally abusive, harsh, shallow, spiritually bypassing, overly optimistic, unrealistic, resistant to self-exploration, untrustworthy, unreliable, offensive, rude, oblivious to details & others needs, forgetful, boastful, braggart, insincere, narcissistic, egocentric, irresponsible, wishy-washy, controversial, cultural appropriator.
Sagittarius arrives to flash the last sparks of life's true meaning at us. Why do we exist? Why does the cycle have to have a dark side? We're reminded that our minds are why we’ve evolved but it also asks us to embrace the cycle without fear or resistance. The great adventure IS the cycle & we should celebrate that. We light the bonfires that break down the dead plants & the old traditions are lit up when the hearth fires are brought inside to keep us warm. We head inside & so do many of the animals. The world gets quiet & introspective as the plants shift all their energy to their roots. The world turns dark brown, deep red & purple as it breaks down but when it's dark more often that means we see the stars more, reminding us we are stardust & magic.
- Dates: November 22 to December 21
- Colors: Purple, eggplant, sapphire, deep orange, rose gold.
- Body: The Thighs, Sciatic, Liver
- Beings/Animals: Horses, centaurs, arrows, hoofed & antlered animals.
- Stones & Crystals: Turquoise, chalcedony, labradorite, smokey quartz
- Objects & Metals: Maps, globes, sparkly lights, glowing candles, tin.
- Plants, Flowers & Herbs: Asparagus, mandrake, clover, limes, oak, mallow, narcissus, carnation, horsetail, bulbed plants.
- Element: Fire
- Mode: Mutable
- Talismans & Personal Objects: Pictures from your vacations, maps, mementos from trips.
- Tarot: Tarot: 14, Temperance
- Goddesses: Diana, Fatna, Flidais, Callisto, Bixia Yuanjun, Artemis, the Vila.
- Number: 3
- Day of the Week: Thursday
- House Associations: 9th House: Higher Learning & Spirituality, Long Distance Travel, Global Communications, The One God.
- Ruler: Jupiter Detriment: Mercury
- Jupiter: Freedom, Truth Seeker, Traveler, Good Fortune, Growth, Expansion.
- It's all about the FREEDOM IN ADVENTURE.