digital collage by dianna
Capricorn is the tenth sign of the Zodiac. This is why it's the one most focused on success, reputation & career. It is the first true freeze of Winter that shows us how all our hard work in the Spring & Summer has paid off (or not). Notice how whiteness has made us focus on the hardworking, law abiding, corporate vibes of this Sign over the providing, strong, capable integrity of Capricorn. Yes, it can be bossy, dominant & a workaholic but that is BECAUSE it's keeping us alive during the darkest, coldest time of the year not because it's a bitch. As you study Capricorn make sure you don't allow the stream of capitalistic keywords to distract you from its fostering & protective nature. We must allow the Cap part of us (and others) to be able to express both sides of its nature to be whole. The goat that climbs the mountain endlessly without rest hasn't done their ShadowWeRK. A mountain climber who takes time to recharge & recenter as hard as they work is a balanced Capricorn.
Capricorn Keywords: Traditionalist, Wise One, Authority, Integrity, Callous.
Capricorn Archetypes: The Goat, The CEO, Yoda, Police Officer
Capricorn Shadows are often described as; amBITCHous, authoritarian, conservative, workaholic, overly cautious, scapegoating, pessimistic, prude, narrow-minded, callous, joyless, nativist, traditionalist, stuck, matured, shrewd, controlling, conventional, phobic, isolationist, afraid of feelings, judgmental, critical, materialistic, scarcity mindset, false bravado, rigid, “coulda-shoulda-woulda”s, short-man syndrome, capitalist, warden/keeper.
Capricorn shows up for work & we learn how tough we are as we enter Winter officially. The air turns harshly dry AND cold. Permafrost forms, lakes freeze over, & we must work harder to survive. Animals either hibernate or reduce their activities so much we hardly see them. We must come together to lean on each other so Capricorn creates strict rules about how much each person or animal can have in order to climb the proverbial mountain of this part of the cycle. The world is grey, dark brown & navy blue, punctuating the harshness of the season. Cap's gift is to bring back the light reminding us we CAN get thru these dark times. We gather with our peeps to celebrate the return of the light & sometimes we are harsh to others if they may threaten the survival of our own babes.
- Dates: December 22 – January 20
- Colors: Dark Grey, Navy Blue, Black, Tan, Indigo
- Body: The Knees, Teeth, Bones & Skin.
- Beings/Animals: Goats, Elk, Bats
- Stones & Crystals: Garnets, Onyx, Black & Green Tourmaline, Labradorite, Malachite, Smokey Quart
- Objects & Metals: Office Supplies, Tools, Brief Cases, Law & Order. Lead, Platinum.
- Plants, Flowers & Herbs: Onions, Red Meat, Potatoes, Beets, Spinach. Wintergreen, Rue, Thyme. Pine, Elm, Hemlock, Aspen, Ivy, Horsetails.
- Element: Earth
- Mode: Cardinal
- Talismans & Personal Objects: Things that represent work or your ambitions, awards, certificates
- Tarot: 15, The Devil
- Goddesses: Hecate, Baba Yaga, Budi Ma, Colleda, Agischanak
- Number: 4
- Day of the Week: Saturday
- House Associations: 10th House: Career, Reputation, What We Work Towards, How We Behave at Work, Aspirations, Ambitions.
- Ruler: Saturn Detriment: Moon Exalted: Mars Fall: Jupiter
- Saturn: Order, Rules, Commitment, Responsibility, Time, Fathers, Bosses, Knees, Teeth, Constriction, Calcification.
- It’s all about the HARD WORK WeRK.